Systemwide Coronavirus Update for March 5, 2020
All Grant PUD employees should follow normal precautions to prevent the spread of infectious disease, including the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
One of the best ways to protect yourself is by following credible sources of information. Sources that Grant PUD management are following to learn the latest about Coronavirus include:
We urge employees to follow the instructions from these sources, which includes:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
o CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
o Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
o If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Also, it is important to understand Grant PUD's communication plan in our response to Coronavirus.
Specific instructions and information will be communicated through the chain of command from Kevin Nordt to supervisors.
o This is to ensure that there is a reporting structure back through the chain of command managers know that the instructions and information were communicated to all personnel.
General information - such as this message - will be communicated through Grant PUD's main channels, including systemwide e-mails, the Working@Grant newsletter and articles on the home page of the Intranet.