College or high school students may submit applications at any time. Various departments will review applications as the need for a position arises.
Student Helper Wages – A copy of a current transcript will be required to establish wage levels (effective 4/1/13).
Level 1 - $11.71 per hour
Each student helper who has completed less than 45 quarter or 30 semester hours of credit in pursuing a college degree will be compensated at Level 1.
Level 2 - $12.73 per hour
Student helpers who have completed at least 45 quarter or 30 semester hours will be compensated at level 2.
College Student Helper:
- Must provide proof of and be admitted to an accredited college or university, with intent to continue enrollment as a full-time student in the next quarter or semester (excluding summer).
- Must provide proof of and maintain an overall cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Must provide proof of and maintain full-time student status.
- Must possess a current Washington state Driver's License (if necessary for the job).
High School Student Helper:
- Occasionally there is a need, and a benefit to Grant PUD, to hire a student helper still in high school.
- Must provide proof of and be enrolled in either high school or a GED program (GED must be completed within one year from first date of employment).
- Must provide proof of and be a full-time student maintaining an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Must possess a current Driver's License (if necessary for the job).
- Complete a student letter (to be signed and stamped by the school registrar’s office).
Please be prepared to provide a copy of your current class schedule and transcripts upon request.
Applications for student helpers, interns and engineering interns are accepted for current openings only. Please submit a separate application for each listing of interest. A separate application must be submitted for each new opening. We do not keep applications on file.