Priest Rapids Rec Area
The Priest Rapids Recreation Area (PRRA) includes a three-lane boat launch, a three-mile shoreline trail, designated swimming area and a campground with 14 sites. The campground has irrigated lawn, picnic tables and a vault toilet. It is open year round.
The Priest Rapids Recreation Area is located on the Columbia River in Grant County, along the shoreline adjacent to the communities of Desert Aire and Cox's Landing, 22 miles south of I-90 on Highway 243. Google Map
Click for larger image
- Day-use picnic areas
- 14 camping sites with irrigated lawn
- Vault toilets
- Swimming beach
- Shoreline trail (3 miles)
- Boat launch (3 lanes)
- BBQ grills
There is a $15 per night fee (tax included) to camp at the Priest Rapids Recreation Area Campground. There is no fee for boat launch or day-use activities. Reservations are encouraged. Unreserved sites may be available on a drop-in basis. A payment box is provided on site. Refunds are not available.
A Large Groups and Special Events Application may be needed for activities involving more than routine use of the area.
General Park Rules
- Park Hours
- Boat Launch: open year round dawn to dusk
- Trailheads: open 6 am to 8 pm daily (gates may be locked after hours)
- Campground: quiet hours 10 pm to 7 am daily.
- Motorized Vehicles: Prohibited on trails and shorelines. Please drive on designated roads. No overnight parking in Day-Use Areas.
- Fires: Only allowed in designated fire pits and grills.
- Alcoholic Beverages: Prohibited in all park areas per state law.
- Glass Containers: Not allowed on any shoreline, designated swim area, or beach.
- Firearms: Discharge of firearms is prohibited inside developed recreation areas.
- Fireworks: Prohibited on all Grant PUD Project Lands.
- Pets: Must be leashed at all times. Handlers must remove and properly dispose of their pet waste. Pets are prohibited in designated swim areas and beaches.
- Solicitation and Sales: Sale of goods or services on Project Lands is not allowed without prior authorization from Grant PUD.
- Camping: Allowed in designated campsites only. No camping in parking lot.
General Campground Rules:
Online reservations preferred May - September. Drop-in camping is only allowed on a night-by-night basis from May - September based on campsite availability. Refunds are not available.
- Camping fee: $15 per night. Please reserve online or pay upon arrival. Refunds are not available. Drop-in campers must pay cash.
- Campers are limited to a five-day stay. All property must be removed at check out.
- Check-out time is 1 pm, check-in time is 3 pm.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Tents and personal equipment must be removed for mowing and watering.
- Maximum occupancy per site is eight (8) people.
Interested in being a volunteer campground host at Priest Rapids Recreation Area?
Click here for Campground Host Opportunity